Trusted Resources: People & Places
Healthcare providers, researchers, and advocates
Shengdar Q. Tsai, PhD
Experimental Hematology Division
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
MS 341, Room D3022B
262 Danny Thomas Place
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Dr. Shengdar Q. Tsai is an assistant member in the Department of Hematology at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. He obtained his B.S. in Biochemistry and Chemistry from the University of Michigan, M.S. in Bioinformatics and Ph.D. in Functional Genomics from North Carolina State University. He was a postdoctoral research fellow and instructor at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School. Dr. Tsai has focused on developing methods for high throughput genome editing with TALENs, and defining and improving the genome-wide specificity of CRISPR-Cas nucleases. His long-term research goals are to develop safe and highly specific targeted genome-editing strategies for treating human genetic diseases.
His research interests include:
• Improving genomic methods to define and measure gene editing “off-target” effects
• Protein engineering of CRISPR-Cas nucleases for precise gene correction
• Regulation of DNA damage repair choice between error-prone non-homologous end-joining and precise homology-directed repair
• Genome-scale CRISPR-Cas screening for novel effectors of hematological diseases
• Developing novel strategies for allele-specific editing of genetic mutations that cause sickle cell disease and other hematological disorders
Martin H. Steinberg, MDDr. Steinberg is currently working as pr...
Disability evaluation under social security (hematological disorders – childhood)A. What hematological disorders do we ev...
Tiffany Bell, MSWTiffany Bell completed her MSW in 2015 f...
The Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center at Children’s Hospital of PhiladelphiaThe Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center at ...
Sickle cell patients in UK survey, especially those 16 to 20, voice problems with care and pain relief givenIn a survey, patients across the...
@juliemakaniScientist|Doctor - Sickle Cell Disease f...
Decreased hospital readmissions for vaso occlusive crisis with implementation of a Sickle Cell Pain Action Plan (SPA...Vaso occlusive crisis (VOC) is the most ...