Raising the Voice of SCD
Learn ways to impact health policy through advocacy
SDC Legislation from Sickle Cell Action Network
What are Examples of Major Health Laws That Impact SCD Research and Management?
How Do I Stay up to Date on SCD Policy News and Events?
What are the Words Used to Describe Legislation and Policy?
Who Are the Health Policy Makers?
What Is a Bill and how Does It Become a Law?
If I Participate, Will Anyone Listen?
What are Some Federal Public Health Agencies Advancing Health Policy Work?
What are Some Examples of SCD Policy Accomplishments?
How Do I Find My Elected Representatives?
How Do I Communicate With My Elected Representatives in Person?
How Do I Communicate With My Elected Representatives Virtually?
How Do I Engage With the FDA?
What Are Some SCD Advocacy Talking Points?
How do I Advocate by Voting in Elections?
Where can I Connect With Other SCD Policy Advocates?
How Do I Advocate as a Non-Profit Organization?
What are the Emerging Roles for SCD Health Professionals as Advocates?
How Can I Stay Informed About Health/Science Regulations and Policy?
How to Register for Complaints & Appeals if you Believe you Have Been Discriminated Against or Your Rights Have Been Violated?
How Do I Find My US legislation?
What is the Role of Laws and Policies in Creating a Healthier Nation?
SCD Legislation and Policy in the News
- Stakeholders Call for Improved Care for SCD Patients in California
- An Advocacy win for Sickle Cell Disease
- Assembly Bill A6493
- CDC Awards Funds to Learn More About People With Sickle Cell Disease
- Patients Urge Passage of Medical Marijuana Legislation in South Carolina
- The key Issues Entering the 2020 Florida Legislative Session
- Bill Would Allow Individuals With Sickle Cell Disease to use Medical Marijuana
- Legislation to Improve SCD Data Collection and Care Moves Through Congress
- Bipartisan Bill Aimed at Fighting Sickle Cell Disease Signed Into Law
- Assembly Bill A6493: Establishes the Sickle Cell Treatment Act of 2019
SCD Fact Sheets From CDC for Patients and Providers
- Sickle Cell Disease in California
- Sickle Cell Disease in California - Facts for Providers
- Sickle Cell Disease in Georgia
- Sickle Cell Disease in Georgia - Facts for Providers
- Sickle Cell Disease in Michigan
- Sickle Cell Disease in North Carolina
- Sickle Cell Disease in North Carolina - Facts for Providers
- Sickle Cell Disease in New York
- Sickle Cell Disease in New York - Facts for Providers
How Likely are U.S. Health Insurers to Cover Drugs and Preventive Care Benefits for Rare Diseases?
Samples and Templates for Effective Advocacy and Communication
Why Should I Become an Advocate for Sickle Cell Disease?
Frequently Asked Questions
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.