Advancing Sickle Cell Research
Clinical trials are research studies that explore whether a medical strategy, treatment, or device is safe and effective for humans. Read More
Click the links below to learn more about clinical trials and how they help advance treatment discovery.
Debunking the Myths
What Are the Challenges in Recruiting Patients for Clinical Trials?
What Are the Ethical Issues in Clinical Trials?
How to Become a Clinical Trial Participant?
Are Clinical Trials a Good Idea?
What Does a Patient or a Caretaker Need to Know About Trials?
- Learn About Clinical Studies
- Questions to Ask About Clinical Trials
- Doctor’s Advice: What You Need to Know About Clinical Trials
- Making the Decision About Clinical Trials
- What Are the Different Types of Clinical Research?
- Clinical Trials Information for Patients and Caregivers
- Do Patients Have to Pay for Clinical Trials?
- Get yourself Up-To-Date on COVID-19 Clinical trials
What Are the Words Used in a Clinical Trial?
Clinical Trial Resources in Spanish
What Has Been Learned From Past Clinical Trials?
What Rights and Protections Do I Have as a Clinical Trial Participant?
Who Monitors My Health and Safety During My Clinical Trial?
What Information Does the Trial Staff Share With Me?
How Do I Decide if the Clinical Trial Is Right for Me?
- Questions to Ask (English)
- Questions to Ask (Spanish)
- Questions to Ask the Research Coordinator
- Determining if a Clinical Trial Is Legitimate
- Study Participant's Discussion Guide to Clinical Trials
- Patient Safety in Clinical Trials
- Debunking the Myths of Clinical Trial Participation in Sickle Cell Disease
Why Should I Participate in a Clinical Trial?
What Is the Purpose of a Clinical Trial?
Where Do I Find Information on Current Clinical Trials?
Who Is Responsible for Reviewing and Approving Trials?
Why Is It Important That the Clinical Trial Has Diverse Participants?
What Happens During a Clinical Trial?
- Informed Consent for Clinical Trials (English)
- Informed Consent for Clinical Trials (Spanish)
- Informed Consent and Overcoming Communication Barriers
- What’s It Like to Be in a Clinical Trial?
- The Clinical Trial Journey
- Process of Clinical Trials
- Sickle Cell Clinical Trials
- Informational Videos
- Clinical Trials: What You Need to Know