Trusted Resources: Evidence & Education
Scientific literature and patient education texts
Sickle Cell Trait Toolkit
source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
CDC, together with the American Society of Hematology (ASH) and the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America (SCDAA), created the Sickle Cell Trait Toolkit. The toolkit is a collection of resources to increase understanding of sickle cell traits.
• Blood in Your Urine? Don’t Delay, See Your Healthcare Provider Today immediately
• Sickle Cell Trait and Hematuria: Information for Healthcare Providers
• Sickle Cell Trait and Damage to the Spleen: Get the Facts
• Sickle Cell Trait and Splenic Infarct: Information for Healthcare Providers
• Eye Problems and Sickle Cell Trait: Learn How You Can Help Protect Your Vision
• Sickle Cell Trait and Glaucoma Post-Hyphema: Tips to Protect Your Patient’s Vision
• Fact Sheet: What You Should Know About Sickle Cell Trait
• Fact Sheet: Get Screened to Know Your Sickle Cell Status
• Infographic: Get Screened for Sickle Cell Trait
• Fact Sheet: What You Should Know About Diabetes Tests if You Have Sickle Cell Trait
• Fact Sheet: Sickle Cell Trait and Diabetes Tests: What Every Healthcare Provider Should Know
• Fact Sheet: Sickle Cell Trait and Blood, Organ, and Tissue Donation: Yes You Can
• Fact Sheet: Athletes: Don’t get sidelined by sickle cell trait! Play it safe with these helpful tips
• Fact Sheet: Coaches: Don’t let your athletes get sidelined by sickle cell trait! Help them play it safe with these helpful tips
• Fact Sheet: Team Doctors (trainers): Don’t let your athletes get sidelined by sickle cell trait! Help them play it safe with these helpful tips
10 Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Health Insurance Tip SheetAs we all know, healthcare can be expens...
James F. Casella, MDDr. James Casella is a professor of pedi...
Sickle Cell and the Work PlaceSickle cell patients find it very tough ...
Increased prevalence of potential right-to-left shunting in children with sickle cell anaemia and strokeParadoxical' embolization via intracardi...
New Guidelines for Managing Sickle Cell Disease Presented at ACP Internal Medicine MeetingNew guidelines for therapeutic strategie...
Improving Quality of Life Through Sickle Cell Research: Marsha J. Treadwell, MDhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA51AAUH...
Our Healthcare System Abandons Adult Sickle Cell PatientsWhen Janoi Burgess was a child, he thoug...
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.