DISCLAIMERThe information and materials accessed through or made available for use on any of our Sites, including, any information about diseases, conditions, treatments, or medicines, are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and your participation on our Sites does not create a healthcare professional-patient relationship. You should consult a doctor or other qualified health care professional regarding any questions you have about your health or before making any decisions related to your health or wellness. Call your doctor or 911 immediately if you think you may have a medical emergency.
Trusted Resources: News & Events
Latest announcements and gatherings
FSCDR’s Inaugural Behavioral Science Symposium to be held on March 05, 2021, has an exciting schedule to offer its attendees. Topics to be covered in the sessions are:
- The State of Mental Health in Sickle Cell Disease
- The Biology of Stress and its Effect – the Mind-Body Connection of VOCs
- A Panel for Patients and Families: What Community-Based Organizations are doing to support families in the era of COVID-19.
- COVID-Related Medical Changes / Telehealth Experiences for Individuals with SCD
- A Plenary Session on Effective Therapies for Mental Health in Sickle Cell Disease,covering, the Impact of Racism, and treating Depression and Anxiety, through both Non-Pharmacological Behavioral Health Interventions and Medications.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Stress for individuals with SCD, covering, who exactly gets it, how to get, wait times, and encouraging questions from patients and patient caregivers. This session also will encourage all listening individuals to maintain vigilance to follow public health measures.
This event has ended.
news & eventsCapitol Hill Briefing Held to Encourage Sickle Cell Research and TreatmentEarlier today, a briefing was hosted on ...
news & eventsSickle Cell Disease Association of Illinois Management of Sickle Cell Disease ConferenceThe Sickle Cell Disease Association of I...
news & events65th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting & ExpositionThe 65th ASH Annual Meeting and Expositi...
news & eventsAPS Scientific SummitThe American Pain Society will hold its ...
news & eventsThe 12th Annual International Conference on StigmaThe 12th Annual International Conference...
news & eventsCayenne Wellness Center’s 15th Annual Sickle Cell Disease Educational SummitCayenne Wellness Center’s Annual Sickl...
news & eventsRare Disease Day at NIH 2023Rare Disease Day® takes place worldwide...
send a message
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.
Support for this site is provided by
This platform is made possible through a partnership with the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America, Inc. (SCDAA) and its member organizations. SCDAA's mission is to advocate for people affected by sickle cell conditions and empower community-based organizations to maximize quality of life and raise public consciousness while advancing the search for a universal cure.