DISCLAIMERThe information and materials accessed through or made available for use on any of our Sites, including, any information about diseases, conditions, treatments, or medicines, are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and your participation on our Sites does not create a healthcare professional-patient relationship. You should consult a doctor or other qualified health care professional regarding any questions you have about your health or before making any decisions related to your health or wellness. Call your doctor or 911 immediately if you think you may have a medical emergency.
Trusted Resources: News & Events
Latest announcements and gatherings
FSCDR’s Inaugural Behavioral Science Symposium to be held on March 05, 2021, has an exciting schedule to offer its attendees. Topics to be covered in the sessions are:
- The State of Mental Health in Sickle Cell Disease
- The Biology of Stress and its Effect – the Mind-Body Connection of VOCs
- A Panel for Patients and Families: What Community-Based Organizations are doing to support families in the era of COVID-19.
- COVID-Related Medical Changes / Telehealth Experiences for Individuals with SCD
- A Plenary Session on Effective Therapies for Mental Health in Sickle Cell Disease,covering, the Impact of Racism, and treating Depression and Anxiety, through both Non-Pharmacological Behavioral Health Interventions and Medications.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Stress for individuals with SCD, covering, who exactly gets it, how to get, wait times, and encouraging questions from patients and patient caregivers. This session also will encourage all listening individuals to maintain vigilance to follow public health measures.
This event has ended.
news & eventsAnnual National Sickle Cell Disease Association of America (SCDAA) Convention – VirtualSave the date for our 2022 SCDAA-SCiF vi...
news & eventsIndiana Sickle Cell Disease Conference by The Martin CenterThis one day 2018 Indiana Sickle Cell Di...
news & events10th DC Community Health Connect Event by Rodham InstituteThis event has ended. Stay tuned for upc...
news & events64th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting & ExpositionThe 64th ASH Annual Meeting and Expositi...
news & eventsRare Disease Day at Nationwide Children’sJoin us for the 4th Annual Rare Disease ...
news & eventsGene Therapy for Blood DisordersIn the context of intense scrutiny over ...
news & eventsSickle Cell Anemia & Thalassaemia: An International Biomedical-Sociocultural Conference 2018The Faculty of Dentistry, Medicine and P...
send a message
Don’t forget to join the oneSCDvoice community!
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.
Support for this site is provided by
This platform is made possible through a partnership with the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America, Inc. (SCDAA) and its member organizations. SCDAA's mission is to advocate for people affected by sickle cell conditions and empower community-based organizations to maximize quality of life and raise public consciousness while advancing the search for a universal cure.